Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Letters to My Friend - Don't Let Your Story Die



Dear Friend,

Don't let your story die.

 - unknown -

I don't remember where I found this quote, but it is a thought of profound importance. I think that one of the reasons some people's lives become so empty and barren before they physically die is because they let their story die. They give up in their minds or their hearts and they stop trying. This is sad. It is also a very poor use of the one precious life we have been given by God.

For the Christian this is doubled because it is not only a waste of life, it is a waste of the spiritual life that God has given us as well. We never come to a point in our lives where we are allowed to quit being a Christian and just live out the rest of our days. I have known people who have quit on life before their time was up. I have known Christians who at some point sat down and turned all their ministries over to other people and mostly or entirely stopped trying.

Continue Reading.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your article. The bit about Hebrews 13:15+16 really jumped out at me. I will meditate more on this thought of the sacrifices of praise and communication. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, praise the Lord! Those are good verses to meditate on.
      You're welcome! Sorry I forgot to answer you comments sooner. I had read them in email and guess I thought I'd already answered.

      Delete