Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Evening Song - The Snare of Prosperity


This song is a good reminder as we enter the most intense period of Christmas shopping. This weekend kicks off some serious buying and selling in the U.S. I don't know how or if this happens to such a degree in other cultures that celebrate the Christmas season. But, for Christians it is a very good time to consider carefully what is really important. The deceitfulness of riches and the excesses of covetousness are in full play in the world. Don't let that snare catch you, my Christian friend. Psalm 119:110 The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.

Hosea 13:6 According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten me. 

Jeremiah 9:23-24 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. 

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 

Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 

Verses in this video are in another translation of the Bible, so I have given them above in the KJV.


I have no control over ads or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment