Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Short Thought - One Day Nearer Home

 


When my husband and I got married my health was actually worse than it is now in some ways. There were times when I struggled so much just to get a meal on the table that it was very discouraging. My husband would sometimes gently remind me that it was one less meal to make before we went to Heaven. Some people might not understand, but this encouraged me. It reminded me that this was a small thing and that what I have to look forward to is so much better! It reminded me that this moment I was living in was not forever, and thank God for that! People talk a lot about "living in the moment" these days, but I can say from experience that not all moments are all that great to live in. What a blessing that we have so much more to look forward to in the future the Lord has promised His children.

Romans 8:17-23 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

In a general sense I would not say that making meals and accomplishing chores is suffering with Christ in the context of this passage. However, living in the body of this death with chronic health struggles and trying to do it wisely and to the glory of God is always a challenge, and sometimes it could be this kind of suffering. Yet, every day that we survive to praise God again or do some work He has given us, no matter how small, is still one day nearer to Home and all that that means for us and for all of God's creation. What a tremendous expectation this is!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Chronic health issues have been my story, as well, and this wonderfully hope-filled perspective has greatly encouraged me. Psalm 73:26 KJV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and Praise the Lord. It's a blessing to able to share how the Lord has helped us with others with similar struggles. I am not glad I have these struggles, but I am thankful if someone else is encouraged because I can tell about it. May you find ways to uplift others through His tender care for you in your own challenges.

      Delete
  2. Thank you. I am copying this out and will put it in my Bible, it greatly encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm so thankful that it has been a help! Thank you for taking time to let me know. :-)

      Delete