Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Random Late Spring Day

 

This Morning I like the…
Smell of… the garden in the warm sunshine.
Sound of… outdoor country noises floating in through my open windows. (In the middle of May in Texas!)
Taste of… a radish seed pod that went from the plant to my mouth in a second or less.
Sight of… sunshine.
Feel of… the gentle breeze.

Good Things about Today: We live in the country.  My dad has grown a lovely vegetable garden for our family’s use, and the Lord has blessed his hard work with produce.  My husband likes his job.  I like mine. :-)

Things Already Accomplished Today:  Picked fresh lettuce for later use.  Planned ahead and got beef tongue out of the freezer for dinner.  (Yes, I LIKE beef tongue!)  Killed a scorpion in the breezeway. (The occasional chore I hate the most!!!!!!)  Killed a caterpillar that was devouring my puniest mint plant. (Why the puniest one?)  Various and sundry other usual things. :-)

Things that Need to Be Done – Hopefully Today: Need to take a load of laundry to my mom’s house to wash since our washing machine is out of service right now. Write a blog post – happening as I speak…er, write.  Do exercises with my mom and sister-in-law (if sister-in-law hasn’t already done them by working in her garden). :-)  Move some stuff into the “garden room” that we want to get rid of.

Random Photo from My World:


Not taken today, but I hope to do this later. :-)

Quote for Today:

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
-- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Verse for Today:

Psalms 17:4  Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

There are a lot of destructive things going on these days from politics to Hollywood to books.  These are things that can easily influence our lives; things that destroy individuals, families and church fellowships.  The wisdom we need so desperately to keep us from this wholesale destruction comes from the word of God, not the works of men no matter how great they may sound or appear to be!  (Rom. 16:17-18)

4 comments:

  1. Your first paragraph has taken me on a tour, such beautiful words. You live the life I wish for :) Some day........ For now I stay where the Lord has me, but pray for a day I can live like this. The country is in my soul & I envy those that live in it (in a good way) :D

    beautiful post, makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As one who has lived most of her life in the country and who is blessed to live in a beautiful spot, I am happy with it - most of the time. :-) In all honesty, though, I have say there are times when our remoteness is frustrating and/or lonely. We drive 45 minutes to church meetings, and with our church family widely scattered around a large city fellowship away from the actual building is rare. My husband drives 30-40 minutes to work, but is blessed to be able to work at home some days. We also live in an area where the soil is very difficult to grow vegetables in, so it has been a real challenge to my dad to learn what needs to be done to make it hospitable - and he is a rather accomplished gardener on the family garden level. Nothing in this imperfect life is unalloyed blessing, is it? :-) We *are* so blessed here, but still we look forward to that better world that is promised us in Christ!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed this very conversational post. :) Lovely to get a 'glimpse' into your little corner of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One reason I keep doing these, Clara, is because you seemed to enjoy them so much. :-)

      Delete