Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Random Acts of Blogging

 

The next two weeks are going to be kind of busy for us.  We’re expecting company over the weekend and then we ladies have a bridal shower next week, and my husband and I have been invited to a “game day” at some friends’ house.  This doesn’t really mean much to my readers except – I only have one scheduled post for the next two weeks as of this writing.  Not a good thing.  I usually try to get ahead on that when we’re going to be busy so as to avoid too many holes.  Well…we’ll see what happens.  So, I decided to scrounge up some things off of my hard drive that I’ve stored at various times and see what I could come up with. :-)

------------------------------------------

Random quote I read this year in a book.

“Her few ideas are like three or four marbles on a level floor; they have no power to move themselves, but roll equally well in any direction you push them.” (James Lane Allen)

Ok, I’m a little weird, but I liked it. Does it describe anyone you’ve ever known? :-)

------------------------------------------

I’m not usually much for jokes, but here’s one my grandpa used to like to tell. :-)

A preacher visits an elderly woman from his congregation.  As he sits on the couch he notices a large bowl of peanuts on the coffee table.  "Mind if I have a few" he asks.  "No, not at all" the woman replied. They chat for an hour and as the preacher stands to leave, he realizes that instead of eating just a few peanuts, he emptied most of the bowl.  "I'm terribly sorry for eating all your peanuts, I really just meant to eat a few." "Oh that's all right" the woman says. "Ever since I lost my teeth all I can do is suck the chocolate off them."

------------------------------------------

These are supposed to be actual bumper stickers.  Some my family have actually seen.

ACTUAL BUMPER STICKERS:

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

"I love cats...they taste just like chicken"

"Out of my mind.  Back in five minutes."

"Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot."

"Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let her sleep"

"Tow-ers will be violated"

"Montana --- At least our cows are sane!"

"The gene pool could use a little chlorine."

"It is as BAD as you think, and they ARE out to get you."

"I took an IQ test and the results were negative."

"Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!"

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

"He who laughs last thinks slowest"

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

"Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math."

"Consciousness: that annoying time between naps."

“Save the whales. Collect the whole set.”

“Visualize whirled peas.”

“I love dolphins.  They taste great.”

“If you can read this you are too close!”

------------------------------------------

Random Picture:

Laugh Out Loud!

A favorite picture of my nephew taken by one of his parents. :-)

4 comments:

  1. The cutest face:)))

    Do love those bumper stickers, excluding the one about the cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I agree about the cat bumper sticker. :-)
      And the cute face. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary,

    What a sweet picture of your nephew! He's a cutie. :-)
    Oh, the bumper stickers were too funny!! LOL!
    I've heard that joke before...grosses me out every time!
    Hope you enjoy all the 'goings on' around your place.
    Take care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie. Glad you enjoyed the post, and the real happy face. :-)

      Delete