Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Random Evening – for a change

 

This evening I like the…
Smell of… my own house.
Sound of… my husband puttering at his computer in the same room with me. :-)
Taste of… raw milk and honey, which I’ve been thinking about for awhile now.
Sight of… our bed, which I cannot see from here, but which sounds really nice about now.
Feel of… being at the end of the day.

Good Things about Today:

I LOVE this kind of fall weather!!! :-)  I had a good walk and talk with my mom and sister-in-law.  My husband is safely home. 

Somehow, this fall I am not experiencing the intense dread of winter that I’ve had in recent years.  I am Very Thankful to the Lord for this!  Maybe – maybe – I’m learning a little bit not to fear the passing of time!

Things Already Accomplished Today:

Too much to mention – ok, I wish. :-)  But – some things that I wanted to get done, though not all.  Some cleaning, some reading, some resting, some visiting, some planning, some computer work and loafing, some cooking, some laundry. :-)

Things that Need to Be Done – Hopefully Today:

Make a lunch for my husband for tomorrow.  Go to bed!  (It’s nearly bed time, people!) :-)

Random Photo from My World:

Delicious Pecan Pie Muffins that my husband made a couple weekends ago!  (Thanks to “Ranch Wife” at “Lovin’ Life At the End of the Dirt Road” for sharing the recipe.)

Thought for Today:

God made autumn glorious so that we would remember that not all death is hideous.  Some things, and people, pass with great glory.

Verse for Today:

Ecclesiastes 7:8  Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Those muffins look very nice:)) and I plan to keep that recipe. My husband doesn't like cakes/muffins so I make him biscuits (cookies) instead - these will be for me!!

    I have been wanting to do the washing but the weather can't make up its mind up with the rain and wind - tomorrow is looking like a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your husband tries these muffins he might actually like them. They are almost a cross between a muffin and a cookie in some ways. Don't tell him how good they are if you want them for yourself. :-) hehe

      Delete