Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Word to the Weary OR Why Do the Righteous Suffer?

 

Psalm 102:1 <<A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.>> Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. 2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

Have you ever been through one of those experiences in life where you just ask, "Why, Lord?" Maybe you are going through one right now or know someone who is. It is not that we necessarily doubt that the Lord is with us, we just can't see the reason for such trouble. Or, when we are tempted to doubt, it is because we can't see how this trouble is for our good (Rom. 8:28).

One of the most disturbing questions for mankind probably has always been "Why do the righteous suffer?"…

Continue Reading.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to say thank you for this. I really needed this today.
    I have been following your life since I was a teenager. Your life inspires me for the Lord. Sometime could you do a post on how you met and married your husband? I remember reading your posts years ago about your desire for marriage. Now it seems the Lord has really answered that prayer! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful you were helped. Thanks for leaving a comment. :-)

      I have thought a little about writing something about our story. At the moment I'm rather loaded with writing projects, but it's something that I'll keep in mind!

      Delete