(For some reason I like the blurriness of this photo. It gives it a foggy look from the past. :-) My mom is on the left and Gramma is in the middle.)
You are planning a dinner party and you are allowed to invite six people that most fascinate you, they need to be famous.
Who are you going to invite?
You need to have a combination of those who are alive today and those who have died? Please note that you are not allowed to invite people from Biblical times just to make it a little more tricky.
Some of my choices are not “famous” by the world’s standards, but I consider them to be so.
- Isobel Kuhn (1901-1957) – missionary to China and author of a number of books.
- Annie Johnson Flint (1866-1932) – a prolific Christian poet.
- Nate Saint (1923-1956) – the missionary pilot who flew for the Auca endeavor. He is the subject of the book Jungle Pilot.
- Jane Austen (1775-1817) – author of Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion, two books I especially like. Also, I think it’s likely that she was a Christian.
- Amy Gibson (19??-) – one of my favorite quilting personalities. I think she would probably enjoy this group.
- The Lord Jesus (eternity-eternity) – although Bible times people are excluded I’m going to add Him because He is alive today! :-)
Would you like to make a list of six people you’d invite for dinner? Leave a comment or post it on your own blog. Please give Jo a link back if you blog about it. :-)