Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

ABCs of My Mom



The ABCs of my mom - things I learned and received from her and saw in her.

A - Advice, Attitude Adjustments :-)
B - Blessings, Bible reading, Busy mind
C - Christ-centered life, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Canning
D - Determination, Desire toward God, Discretion, Desserts
E - Eternity based values, Eggs for breakfast,
F - Faith, Family, Friends, Forgiveness
G - Grandparents, Gardening, Good cooking
H - Humor, Humming, Hard work
I - Interest in others, Inquisitiveness
J - Jesus Christ, Jam and Jelly making
K - Kindness, Kisses
L - Laughter, Learning, Longsuffering
M - Mercy, Making do
N - Non-negotiable truths
O - Old Hymns, Own your convictions/faith
P - Perseverance, Prayers, Patience, Pinching Pennies
Q - Questions and questioning, Quiet time, Quilt making
R  - Reading out loud, Roses, Repentance
S - Salvation, Self-sacrifice, Smiles, Sewing
T - Temperance, Teaching others
U - Unlimited love
V - Victory through Christ in hard things, Value of our elders, Virtue
W - Wisdom, Washing dishes
X - Examine yourself
Y - Yearning for a better country (Heb. 11)
Z - Zeal for good things

But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you. Galatians 4:18

6 comments:

  1. Great list, many I could tick for my mum to:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. It was a last minute effort since my computer is down and I had to post from my husband's. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a wonderful mother! I hope she had a great day. I think about all of those would apply to my mom too. :-)
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very thankful for my mom. She had a pretty good day, I must say. My sister and her family moved here last week, so she now has grandchildren here. :-D

      Delete
  3. I love this list. I am going to print it out and keep it, if that's OK. It really touched me. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's OK. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete