Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another Random Day In the Texas Hill Country

 

Today I like the…
Smell of… peppermint oil that I added to my mopping water.
Sound of… our cat purring.
Taste of… nonGMO corn flakes with raw milk and raw sugar. :-)
Sight of… a tidier house.
Feel of… air conditioning.  (A modern luxury that is very helpful to me.)

Good Things about Today:

It was cool enough this morning that I was able to open the windows and run the fan to air the house out.  This meant that my kitchen floor dried faster as well as the house smelling better, a win-win situation.

Things Already Accomplished Today:

I mopped the kitchen this morning (I actually did part of it twice in order to eliminate stickiness).  Did some odds and ends.  Fed the cat.  Puttered on the computer.  Worked a little on kitchen tasks.

Things that Need to Be Done – Hopefully Today:

Visit my sister-in-law to discuss some plans, take a nap, tidy the house more, answer some email, make a blog post, etc.

Random Photo from My World:

One day recently my mom and I accidentally dressed exactly alike. :-)  (Note that my shirt appears pinker than hers.  I wash mine in my red-pink load.  Interesting.  I didn’t realize it was making that much difference.)

Quote for Today:

“Few things are more self-destructive than a combination of high entitlement and a lazy work ethic.”

Verses to go with this:

Proverbs 13:4  The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.

Proverbs 26:15  The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.

Verse for Today:

Luke 2:40  And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
(Speaking of Jesus Christ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment