Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Monthly Challenge – January

 

Here’s another new idea for 2015.  I like challenges, but I like them to be something worthwhile and generally of modest proportions, at least when it’s something that I choose to put upon myself.  We get enough of the more difficult kind just living, right?  Hopefully, this idea will be more of the enjoyable as well as expanding type! :-)

Each month I hope to post a challenge to us on the first Tuesday of the month.  They will vary in type from reaching out to others to working on our own personal space and selves.  I hope it will prove to be interesting, enjoyable and also helpful to us over the course of the year.  I also plan to give two options so that it will be easier to choose something that will fit into each one’s life and schedule.  However, you’re welcome to do both if you like!

To start off with, since I didn’t get this going at the beginning of the month, I’m making it relatively easy.  It’s always better to ease into new things if we can anyway. :-)

-----------------------

Challenge 1

Write a snail mail to someone far away.

AND/OR

Pick several people on your contact list on your cell phone who you have not communicated with for a bit and send them a kind text message.

Hebrews 13:16  But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

-----------------------

I already sent text messages to several ladies that I hadn’t communicated with for a week or more.  I won’t always tell you which or what I did, but since I already did this I thought I’d mention it. :-)  I may still also write a snail mail, or two.

ENJOY!

8 comments:

  1. Great post and thoughts, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea. I actually enjoy writing *snail mail* to friends and family. I do have a few that are in other states so I will be mailing a couple of note cards tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm sure that will be a blessing to both you and them. Thanks for commenting. :-)

      Delete
  3. You know what's funny about this? For the past few days I have had this nag at the back of my mind that tells me I SHOULD sit down and write a snail-mail letter to someone (someone specifically). Okay. I think the Lord REALLY wants me to do this. He's really impressing a lot of things on my mind this year... Hmm. I better get on and obey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I hope it's a blessing to both you and the other person as well. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant idea, can't wait to see what you come up with. I have also posted it on Facebook to encourage others :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo! That was sweet of you. I hope it will be a blessing to us all. :-)

      Delete