Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Sew Happy Friday – Egg Cup Pincushions

 

Photo property of Christina Lane of the Sometimes Crafter blog.

Here’s a clever way to up-cycle your unused egg cups, or ones that maybe have a hairline crack or internal damage.  I don’t have any egg cups on hand at the moment, but as I sort through our garage (I think the stuff is multiplying and dividing out there) I may run across one or two.  This is another opportunity to “shop your own stuff” and to use up scraps of fabric.  (I’m wondering if I could figure out a way to use some cute little china napkin rings for this purpose.)

Here’s the tutorial from Christina Lane at the “Sometime Crafter” blog.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I saw these done with old china tea cups - and decorated with fancy hat pins for a dressing table. I thought it was a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete