Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thoughts from the Past - Not unto Us, O Lord...but unto Thy Name Give Glory

 

This is a study that I wrote and published both on the Home Maker’s Corner and here in 2010, but I wanted to post the link here again.  This brief study of Psalm 104 deals with some thoughts on praise and worship and how we think of who God is.  I encourage you to take the challenge to think outside the usual boxes in those areas, boxes where it’s very easy for us to get stuck.

Psalms 115:1  Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.

Here’s an excerpt:

“Now, we are needy people, as my Grandpa Van Nattan often said.  We need a lot of help and wisdom and forgiveness and rescuing by God on a daily basis.  So, it isn’t surprising that we would tend to focus on what He has done for us personally.  And, there is a place for that.  But, my challenge to us is this: that we make an effort and a point of stopping and thinking about who and what God is Himself – of all the many things He does that are not related to us directly and don’t reflect on our personal needs.  More than that, I suggest that we worship and bless and praise Him for those things, yea even speak of them out loud.”

Read the whole article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment