Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Summer Memories

Summertime


Strawberries and lemonade,
Naps on hammocks in the shade;
Jumping in the swimming hole,
Sleeping with a fishing pole;
Lightening bugs and thunder storms,
Starry nights and muggy morns;
Crickets, ants, and garden rows,
The fragrance of a golden rose;
Parking lots to burn your feet,
Baking cars that burn your seat;
Watermelons, burgers too,
Sweaty clothes - PeeeeUuu!

- by Mary Stephens

Cottontail Bunny

Roane County, Tennessee

6 comments:

  1. What an accurate poem! I really enjoyed being reminded of what summer is like! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your poem! So cute! Your pictures are pretty too! Thank you for sharing them with us. Hope you're having a good week!
    Love and hugs,
    ~Melanie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them. :-)
      My week has been kind of surprising, thankfully on the low end of the scale. :-)
      Hope yours is good.
      ((hugs))

      Delete
  3. Oh, how pretty! I love the Roane County, TN photo, especially. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) The bunny was in Roane County too, but it could have been taken in a lot of places, so I didn't specify. That horse pasture was kitty-corner from where we used to live in Tenn. :-)

      Delete