Today I like the…
Smell of…my husband.
Sound of…the old hymns.
Sight of…fuschia colored orchids (inside) and red wild poppies (outside).
Feel of…a soft, warm tunic (because it’s just a little chilly this morning).
Good Things about Today:
- There is a chance of rain which we really need.
- I don’t have to go shopping or to the doctor today.
- It is not going to be a hot day. :-) (Something to be thankful for as we are headed into the warmer weather.
- Bible reading, breakfast, and light therapy.
- Communicated with my sister-in-law about a project.
- Played the piano.
- Looked up some music on You Tube.
- Working on a blog post now (which is taking much too long). :-)
- Some laundry.
- Putting away things that have strayed from their proper places and finding locations for things that need new proper places.
- Try to get an appointment with the eye doctor scheduled so that we can find out the results of my MRI and what is going on with my swollen optic nerve.
- Working on my sewing projects some more.
How our cat asks to go outside. :-)
“Driving around most of the National Parks is pretty strenuous in itself. If you could put Yosemite and Yellowstone together, you would have something about the area of Wales whose geography is a combination of Switzerland, Persia and the Day of Judgement. …these parks were lovingly created two generations ago by men who chopped through thousands of feet of lumber, who rode into them on a horse, who discovered the sublime with an axe, a botanist’s kit, a piece of bacon, a tent and a stout heart.”
- Alistair Cooke; taken from Letter from America 1946 - 2004, p. 16. (Original quote from 1948.)
Verse for Today:
Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Poem for Today:
You ask how you learn to trust Him?
Dear child, you must just let go!
Let go of your frantic worry,
And the fears which plague you so;
Let go of each black tomorrow
Which you try to live today;
Let go of your fevered planning,
He knoweth all your way.
Fear not lest your slipping fingers
Let go of your Savior too, --
Trusting is only knowing
He’ll not let go of you!
- Martha Snell Nicholson