Hello and welcome!

Welcome!
This blog is an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Monthly Challenge – March 2016


Original vintage graphic from Old Design Shop. Altered by me.

Time Marches on.  (Sorry, I couldn’t resist that one!)

Here we are in another in-between month – not spring (or autumn) and not winter (or summer) – or maybe it is, because it’s stuck in the middle and that can happen.  In Texas, it is spring!  We can still have frost and frosty weather for sure, but generally things are popping out in March.  In some places it is the "mud month" as snow and ice may be melting during the day and freezing again at night.

This month it seems like we should strive for something a little more challenging again, and it seems like it is time to write another letter or two.

So, here is the challenge:

--------------------------------

Write a list of things you love and appreciate about a loved one.  Make a copy and give it to that person.  [Save your copy to get out and read over when you feel especially provoked at him/her. :-)  ]

And/Or

Write a "love letter" to your spouse, child, parent, grandparent or other family member.

--------------------------------

I know.  This is the “wrong month”.  But, we don’t really observe Valentine’s Day in the first place, and secondly, I don’t like to get stuck doing this or that because it’s the "cultural norm."  I kind of like jumping out of boxes that are not necessary. :-)  Life keeps us in quite enough necessary boxes.

The list part of this is kind of self-explanatory.  It's about appreciating someone we love and letting them know specific things we appreciate.  The list doesn't have to be extensive, but I hope you can think of more than three or four items. :-)

The "love letter" is obviously not just about love letters in the romantic sense, although it could be if written to your spouse (husband, as I don't think I have many male readers).  Rather it's about expressing love to someone close to us.  It could even be a close friend.  It might be a good idea to write the letter to someone who you don't always express your love to in words that have more depth of meaning.

This may prove to be a greater challenge than some, but that's a good thing - stretching ourselves in a different way.

Enjoy!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea and am going to try to do it. :)
    Thank you for sharing!
    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you enjoy it. :-)
      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  2. This is a great challenge - and I'm not too late to still join in this month! I have a few letters I owe at the moment (in reply to letters written to me) - some of them have been waiting for replies for some time, so maybe this challenge will spur me on to get the letters written and include something loving in them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you can do that. :-)
      I still have to do mine.

      Delete