Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Friday, April 10, 2015

Sew Happy Friday– How to Choose Fabric Colors (& A Plug for Craftsy.com)


Here is a great tutorial on how to choose fabric colors.

Quilting Essentials: How to Choose Fabric Color

By the way, Craftsy.com is a great community for learning all kinds of skills from gardening and canning to quilting and tailoring clothing; wood working, photography, baking (even gluten free!), drawing, knitting, cake decorating and more.  There are many free tutorials and patterns available and even a few free classes, but the paid classes are the key feature.  The great part is that they are always available (not just for a year), and you have access to the teachers and fellow classmates so that you can get advice when you encounter a problem.  I’ve found it a very useful means for building skills.  Plus, they have some great sales on classes over the course of the year, so I watch for what I want and seldom pay full price.  Joining is free, so you can sign up and take advantage of the free classes to see if this is for you! 
If you’re a homeschooling family Craftsy could come in very handy!  I would have loved having something like this when I was in high school to add to the curriculum we were using!  There are some courses (especially in the art and photography sections) that I’d obviously not recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment