Hello and welcome!

This blog is a place for me to share thoughts, recipes, things I learn from my Bible, links and anything else I happen to want to post. It is in essence an extension of The Home Maker's Corner. I hope you enjoy it!
All photos used on this blog are taken by me or my family unless otherwise noted. Some photos have had special filters applied. Regarding use of content: please see "the fine print" at the bottom of this page.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The End of Winter In Yosemite


Song of Solomon 2:11-12  For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

Here’s an interesting video on a natural phenomenon called frazil ice.  It is caused by water freezing (usually during the night) and then flowing in the running water down a creek.  The effect is like a giant slushy and it creates some interesting challenges and even dangers.  But, it’s a reminder that spring has arrived since it is a spring event only (in Yosemite).

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Thank you for sharing it today :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it too. :-)

      Delete